Travel Guide For Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is known over the years for its serenity and rich heritage. Its mystique has always bewitched people by her spellbound beauty. The Gulf of Mannar and the Palk Strait separate Sri Lanka from the Indian sub contentment. It lies in the Indian Ocean to the southwest of Bay of Bengal. Sri Lanka has a discrete charm. As the morning light travels through the mountain and touches the high-end beaches, it comes to your hotel window and bestows light on you and takes you on an unforgettable journey of your lifetime.
Let’s travel to Sri Lanka and discover it in our own ways. The first destination, we are heading to is Colombo; the Commercial capital of Sri Lanka, though busy but manageable. The gale face green empowers you with a breathtaking view of tranquil waters of the Indian Ocean. If you arrive during the sunset, then the view will simply stupefy you. The next our list is Bentota, famous for the luxury hotels, spas, and beautiful beaches. Nearby to Bentota is brief garden which has an extensive history and majestic landscapes. After Bentota, the next tourist destination is Hikkaduwa, the coral reefs off the shore are invigorating. Those thinking for some adventure then Hikkaduwa have the entire diving infrastructure. The most incredible sight is the natural light and sound show by the sky and the clouds.
If you want to be in the arms of the lush green leaves of the forest and bath in the waterfalls then Ratnapura is the best place for you to visit. In the last we will visit Adams peak; The view of the Adams peak cannot be explained in words; you have to be there to get the unbelievable feeling. The morning will come close to you, clouds will tinkle you and winds will dance with you. The invigorating mountain air in the Adams peak will surely mesmerize you. Really I would say Sri Lanka is an oasis of tranquility.
Travel Tips For Sri Lanka
Hotels in Sri Lanka are of surprisingly great quality and make for an affordable place to lay your head when traveling through Sri Lanka. Whether you are coming on business or for pleasure you will need a place for your body to rest and refuel from the activities of the day.
Traveling to Sri Lanka is easy, no matter where on the globe you start your travel
- Sri Lanka is easily accessed via air where you can land in Colombo Bandaranaike International airport, which services flights to and from just about any place in the world and there are hotels in Sri Lanka hear the airport.
- If you are coming from somewhere closer and would like to land in a less congested place there are a total of seven other smaller airports in which you can choose to land depending on which one is geographically closer to your immediate destination. Other locations, which maintain airports and have hotels in Sri Lanka, are the cities of Anuradhapura, Batticaloa, Columbo Ratmalana, Gal Oya Ampara, Jaffna Kankessantu, Minneriya, Trincomalee and China Bay.
- Getting it is no different than getting to any other location in this area of the world and it would be advised that you have your inoculations up to date and that you take care to heed any travel warnings that may be placed in and around the time that you are planning to travel.
- You need to make sure that you meet the following requirements and that you have a passport and onward/return ticket and proof of sufficient funds are required. You may have a no-cost landing visa, which is applicable for 30 days and is granted only to tourists when they enter Sri Lanka for the first time.
- If you are coming in for business reasons you are required to have a visa prior to arrival and if you are coming in or to Sri Lanka for reasons other than tourism, then you must have an entry visa from the Consulate or Sri Lankan Embassy before arrival in Sri Lanka or run the risk of deportation.
- As of this writing, the Department of State asks American citizens to be careful when traveling to Sri Lanka and specifically warns Americans against travel to or in the Eastern Province and the Northern Province of Sri Lanka. You should also verify with your medical insurance company that your insurance will provide coverage here in the unlikely event you need medical attention while visiting.